Cultivate yourself while living on campus. Our residency program provides you a mindfulness environment to practice Chan meditation. You will be able to join the Dharma Talks and do daily meditation with us. Engage in our daily practice based on the Chan monastic routine. Morning sitting starts at 5:15 am followed by morning services. Group meals, mindful work practice, and self study consist a day life.
|5:00 AM||Wake Up|
|5:15 AM||Sitting Meditation|
|6:15 AM||Morning Service|
|9:00 AM||Work Practice|
|2:00 PM||Work Practice|
|5:00 PM||Evening Service|
|5:45 PM||Medicine Meal|
|7:30 PM||Personal Time|
|8:45 PM||Sitting Meditation|
|10:00 PM||Lights Out|
Please know you might have around 5 hours of work practice per day. While you are living here, you might be assigned tasks such as the following:
- retreat and workshop assistant.
- clean up the environment, including dorms, Chan Hall etc.
- housekeeping work to support retreats.
- daily tasks (such as water testing).
- kitchen assistant.
First-time apply as residency are requested to limit their stay to 7 days at most to see if they are able to adapt to the lifestyle of practice. Extension of stay would require further evaluation by the volunteer mentor and resident monastics. The longest stay for one application is 3 weeks.
Pre Requests Upon Application:
- Must attend at least one of our 7-day retreats before.
- No mental or physical support needed as we do not have resources to take care of.
- Health Insurance as you will be responsible for your medical spend during your stay.
- Legally stay in the US as we do not support any VISA for staying in the US
Regulations for living here:
- This program offers you a place for practicing Chan meditation. You are not allowed to do your personal job at any of your spare time during the program.
- We are a Buddhist retreat center so we ask people living here to follow the DDRC Resident and Visitor Rules.
- Internet will not be accessible on campus.
- Laundry will not be available if you are not living longer than one week.
- Check in time for this program is only on Monday to Wednesday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Documents must be provided after being accepted:
- Proof of photo ID (Driver’s License or Passport)
- Medical Insurance Card